Bellies Babies and Beyond is a resource for Charleston parents! Never miss an update by signing up for our newsletter!
Monday December 21
Tuesday December 22
Wednesday December 23
Saturday December 26
Enjoy these fun online options
Take a Charleston Sleigh Ride
- In December, Pegasus Charters offers the “Original” Charleston Sleigh Ride. Started in 2008, we depart from the Ripley Light Marina in Charleston upon the Charleston Explorer. We cruise for 1.5 – 2 hours listening to Christmas music and stories about Charleston's Christmas traditions. We provide hot chocolate to enjoy during the trip.Sign up
Snow Days in December
South Carolina Aquarium. December 21, 22, 23 experience the magic of the holiday sea-son through interactive “snow day” activities the entire family will enjoy.
- Find Finzy, our shark on the shelf, daily to win a prize
- Decorate a FREE snowman sugar cookie
- View our resident terrapins painting holiday ornaments
- Try your hand at snowman bowling
- Throw snowballs at a giant snowman
- Holiday Festival of Lights
- Citadel Mall
- November 14-December 24/ Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm and 12pm-6pm Sunday
- Northwoods Mall
- November 14- December 24/Monday – Saturday from 10am – 9pm and Sundays from 12pm – 6pm
- Towne Centre
- Thursday, Dec 24: 10 am – 6 pm
- Scuba Claus in the Great Ocean Tank at the South Carolina Aquarium
- November 27-December 23
- Select dive shows
- Tuesday, December 22 from 5:30 to 8:00 PM Santa will be at the Kickin' Chicken in Summerville.
Musicals and Shows
Go see the Lights
- Old Santee Cooper Celebrate the Season
- November 27-December 30 6:00pm-9:30pm
- $5 per car
- Weekends starting November 27 through December 20 enjoy visits with Santa, live entertainment, marshmallow roasting, and more!
- James Island County Park
- November 13-January 3
- Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Friday and Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Admission: 1-15 guests $15[one vehicle] 16-30 guests $40[per vehicle], 31+ guests $100[per vehicle]
- Pictures with Santa, Carousel, Climbing Wall, Giant Holiday Greeting Cards, Train rides, Sand Sculptures and more!
- You can take a shuttle from Downtown, find out how here!
Children's Village at Magnolia Plantation
- A Children's Village, holiday train rides and an assortment of child-friendly and pet-lover activities will make the Christmas season bright at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
- Through December 31st (Not open Christmas Day)
Check out the Trains at the Charleston Place
- In the lobby of the Charleston Place Hotel, in Downtown Charleston, there is an amazing train set!
Make homemade ornaments!
- There are a ton of crafts including several ornaments here!