Stay “in the know on where to go”™ with InTown!
November 01, 2016
July 15, 2016
Download the FREE APP today!
May 12, 2016
On May 21 and 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., a 1,100 sq. ft. mobile exhibit honoring the more than 3,000 innocent victims killed during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 will be on display at Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum. Tours will be given by FDNY firefighters. The exhibit will be free and open to the public; parking at the museum is $5. The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation created this mobile exhibit as a tribute to all those whose lives were sacrificed on September 11, 2001. The 9/11 Never Forget Mobile Exhibit is presented by Hudson Nissan, Charleston Nissan and Nissan.
May 09, 2016
Charleston is full of fun things to do! We searched and searched for all the family friendly options around town! We have added a few and will add more as we learn about new places to go!
- South Carolina Aquarium – 100 Aquarium Wharf, Charleston
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry – 25 Ann St, Charleston
- Fort Sumter – Boat departs from 340 Concord St, Charleston
- Powder Magazine – 79 Cumberland St, Charleston
- Gateway Walk – Downtown Charleston
- Old Exchange Building/Provost Dungeon – 122 East Bay St, Charleston
- Natural History Museum at the College of Charleston – 202 Calhoun Street, Charleston
- Take a Carriage Tour – Several Options off Anson St, Charleston
- Go to a River Dogs Game – 360 Fishburne St, Charleston
- Pirate Tours – Daily, Downtown Charleston
- Hazel Parker Playground and Park – 70 East Bay St, Charleston
- Christoph Artisan Chocolates – 60 Society Street
- Avery Research Center for African American History – 125 Bull St, Charleston
- Karpeles Manuscript Museum – 68 Spring Street
- Citadel Dress Parades – Summerall Field, Charleston
- Washington Park – Broad and Meeting St, Charleston
- Waterfront Park – 1 Vendue Range, Charleston
- Aiken Rhett House – 48 Elizabeth Street, Charleston
- Old Slave Mart – 6 Chalmers St, Charleston
- Battery/White Point Gardens – 2 Murray Blvd, Charleston
- Hampton Park – 30 Mary Murray Drive, Charleston
- Charles Towne Landing – 1500 Old Towne Rd, Charleston
- Lunar Golf – 2070 Sam Rittenberg Blvd, Charleston
- Middleton Place – 4300 Ashley River Rd, Charleston
- Magnolia Plantation – 3550 Ashley River Rd, Charleston
- Chuck E Cheese – 1610 Sam Rittenberg Blvd #103, Charleston
- Go to a Battery Game – 1990 Daniel Island Dr, Daniel Island
- Sullivan's Island Beach
- Isle of Palms Beach – State Park for Parking
- Barrier Island Eco Tour – 50 41st Ave, Isle of Palms
- Walk the Ravenel Bridge
- Rent a kayak and/or stand up paddleboard – 514 Mill St, Mt Pleasant
- Yorktown – 40 Patriot's Point Blvd, Mt Pleasant
- Water Taxi – Waterfront Park, Maritime Center, Patriots Point, Charleston Harbor Resort
- Fort Moultrie – 1214 Middle St, Sullivans Island
- Palmetto Island County Park – 44 Needlerush Pkwy, Mt Pleasant
- Visit the Pitt Street Bridge – Pitt Street, Mt Pleasant
- Memorial Waterfront Park – 99 Harry Hallman Jr Blvd, Mt Pleasant
- Boone Hall Plantation – 1235 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant
- Strawberry Picking – Boone Hall Plantation April-June
- SkyZone – 411 Wando Park Blvd, Mt Pleasant
- Party in the Park at Water Front Park [Tuesdays in June]- Mt Pleasant
- Movies in the Park at Water Front Park [Fridays in August] – Mt Pleasant
- Summer Splash Bash – June 4th – Mt Pleasant
- Charleston Pinckney National Historic Site -1254 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant
- Blackbeard's Cove – 3255 N Hwy 17, Mt Pleasant
- Laurel Hill County Park – 1251 Park West Blvd, Mt Pleasant
- Santee Coastal Reserve – 220 Santee Gun Club Rd, McClellanvile.
- Charleston Zip Line Adventures – 1152 Guerins Bridge Rd, Awendaw [Opening Summer 2016]
- Birds of Prey – 4719 Hwy 17, Awendaw
- Bulls Island Ferry – Garris Landing, Awendaw
- Sewee Center – 5821 Hwy 17, Awendaw
- Take in a show at Awendaw Green – 4853 Hwy 17, Awendaw
- Hidden Ponds Nursery – 4863 N Hwy 17, Awendaw
- Awendaw Passage – 17N, Awendaw Buck Hall Recreation Area
- Edisto Beach
- Edisto State Park – 8377 State Cabin Rd, Edisto Island
- Botany Bay – 1066 Botany Bay Rd, Edisto Island
- Edisto Museum – 8123 Chisolm Rd, Edisto
- Edisto Beach State Park – 8377 State Cabin Rd, Edisto
- Edisto Island Serpentarium – 1374 SC-174, Edisto Island
- Monkey Joe's – 4952 Centre Pointe Dr #116, North Charleston
- American LaFrance Fire Museum – 4975 Centre Point Dr, North Charleston
- Chuck E Cheese – 7258 Rivers Ave, North Charleston
- GloZone -5900 Rivers Ave, North Charleston
- Velocity Air Sports – 8551 Rivers Ave, North Charleston
- Frankie's Fun Park – 5000 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston
- Carolina Ice Palace – 7665 Northwoods Blvd, North Charleston
- Hunley Submarine Tours – 1250 Supply Street, North Charleston
- Wannamaker County Park – 8888 University Blvd, North Charleston
- Charleston Rush – 3550 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston
- Riverfront Park – 1001 Everglades Ave, North Charleston
- Music In Motion – 1341 College Park Rd, Summerville
- Summerville Dorchester Museum – 100 E Doty Ave, Summerville
- Colonial Dorchester State Park – 300 State Park Rd, Summerville
- Azela Park – 105 W 5th S St, Summerville
- Old Santee Canal Park – 900 Stony Landing Rd, Moncks Corner
- James Island County Park – 871 Riverland Dr, James Island
- Wild Blue Ropes – 1595 Highland Ave, James Island
- West Ashley Greenway – South Windemere Shopping Center, James Island and Johns Island
- Angel Oak – 3688 Angel Oak Rd, Johns Island
- Beach Walker County Park – 8 Beachwalker Dr, Kiawah
- Folly Beach State Park – 1110 W. Ashley Ave, Folly Beach
- Folly Beach
- Tides Folly Beach Movie Nights – May 20-Sept 12 – Folly Beach
- Tuskegee Airmen Memorial at the Lowcountry Regional Airport – Walterboro
- Colleton State Park Located off I-95 in Walterboro
- The Great Swamp Sanctuary – 1273 Sniders Hwy, Walterboro SC 29488
- Forde Doll House – 500 Hampton St, Walterboro
- Slave Relic Museum – Walterboro
- Walterboro Wildlife Santuary – 399 Detreville St, Walterboro
- Ace Basin National Wildlife Refuge – 8675 Willtown Rd, Hollywood
- Francis Beidler Forest – 336 Sanctuary Rd, Harleyville
- Bee City – 1066 Holly Ridge Ln, Cottagaville
- Pick-Your-Own Fruits and Veggies – All over Charleston
- Check out a local play – Footlight Players, Crabpot Players, Charleston Stage, Sottile Theater
- Go to a Spoleto Event
- Go bowling for free – Several local bowling alleys are participating
- Sparians Bowling 613 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 **
- Ashley Lanes 1568 Sam Rittenberg Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407
- The Alley 131 Columbus St., Charleston SC
- Sand Piper Lanes 3291 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC
- Royal Lanes 106 Central Ave Goose Creek, SC 29445 **
- Swamp Fox Lanes 312 Rembert C Dennis Blvd, Moncks Corner, SC 29461**
- Coastal Climbing indoor rock climbing 708 King St, Charleston
- See an older released movies for free or for $1!
- Palmetto Grande 1319 Theater Dr, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
- Cinebarre Theater 963 Houston-Northcutt Blvd. Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
- Northwoods Theater 2181 Northwoods Blvd North Charleston, South Carolina
- Regal Towne Square 18 2401 Mall Dr. North Charleston, SC 29406
- Regal Azalea Square 215 Azalea Square Blvd., Summerville, SC 29483
- Carmike James Island 1743 Central Park, Charleston, SC 29412
- Terrace Theater 1956 Maybank Hwy, James Island
May 05, 2016
May 27 – June 12, 2016
- FESTIVAL TRADITIONS
- LITERARY & IDEAS
- A WORLD OF JEWISH CULTURE
- ALLAN PARK CONCERT
- CELTIC ARTS SERIES
- EARLY MUSIC SERIES
- FESTIVAL OF CHURCHES
- L'ORGANO SERIES
- OTHER MUSICAL HIGHLIGHTS
- PICCOLO SPOLETO AT BISHOP GADSDEN
- PICCOLO SPOLETO AT NEXTON
- PICCOLO SPOLETO BLUES CRUISES
- PICCOLO SPOLETO HARBOR CRUISES
- PICCOLO SPOLETO JAZZ CRUISES
- SPOTLIGHT CONCERT SERIES
- SUNSET SERENADE
- THE REMINGTON CONCERT SERIES AT FRANKE AT SEASIDE
- YOUNG ARTISTS SERIES
- YOUTH MUSIC SERIES
- THEATRE & DANCE
- VISUAL ARTS
May 05, 2016
The Charleston RiverDogs are hosting a baseball game between the New York Yankees and Atlanta Braves alumni at the inaugural “Legends in the South" game presented by Budweiser and Container Maintenance on Friday, May 27 at 6:35pm at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
General admission tickets for the Legends in the South game start at just $12 and are now on sale. Box seats will be sold at $25 each, lower reserved seats are $20, and upper reserved tickets are $15.
Tickets may be secured by calling (843) 577-DOGS, online at riverdogs.com or in person at the Riley Park Box Office.
There are also multiple VIP meet-and-greet opportunities available for auction at http://
Experiences include spots at a welcome reception with the Braves and Yankees Legends on Thursday, May 26, from 6-8pm as well as a pregame luncheon on Friday, May 27, from 1:00-3:00pm at a local downtown restaurant.
Fans can also bid on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience what it's like to be a professional ballplayer. Two lucky winners will take batting practice on the field, suit up in full uniform and play in the game from either the Braves or Yankees dugout.
The younger fans have the chance to participate as well. There are two batboy slots up for bid for ages 10-16 to sit on either the Braves or Yankees side.
The online auction is open now and will continue weekly through 12 noon on Friday, May 20th. Fans can bid all week (every week) with bidding closing at 12 noon each Friday for the welcome reception and luncheon. There will be four (4) spots per week up for bid for each event for a total of twenty (20) individual spots per event.
The two (2) VIP game experience and two (2) bat boy positions are open now and will close on Friday, May 20th at noon.
There are two (2) more VIP game experience opportunities if you visit the Budweiser Legends in the South page.
Ken Griffery, Sr.
Dwight Smith http://www.intown.com/things-to-do/sporting-events...
May 05, 2016
March 19, 2016
Easter is coming up, and there are A LOT of activities happening over the next couple weeks! If you’re on the hunt for an egg hunt,family event or place to dine- check out some great ideas below! For a complete list be sure click here or download our free app- search InTown!
Easter Festivities in Charleston!
If you're a mom on the hunt for an egg hunt or the Easter Bunny, check out our list!'
Rent A Chick
Legare Farms! Rent 2 baby chicks for 2 weeks then return them to the farm to live with the other chickens. Let your child experience the wonder of caring for baby chicks without the long term commitment to raising chickens. Chicks available for pick up Easter weekend Friday March 25th 3-6 pm, Saturday March 26th 9 till noon. Also available Friday April 8th 3-6 pm Saturday April 9th 9 till noon. Cost is just $25. To reserve your chicks go to http://legarefarms.com/pages/rent-a-chick.
March 26th 2016 11:00 AM-01:00 PM Join City of Charleston Recreation at Hampton Park for our largest egg hunt, Easter Eggstravaganza! We have ordered over 10,000 eggs for children ages 12 & under to participate in age grouped hunts. We will have jump castles, inflatables, cookie decorating, petting zoo, and arts and crafts! Don't miss out on all the fun.
FREE Easter Egg Hunts
Easter Egg hunts and Events in Charleston!
There are So many fun Easter events going on in Charleston! Here is a FUN LIST for you to plan ahead on the ones you and your family would like to attend! Be sure to keep checking back as new events will be added as they are received. You can find details for all events on our calendar right here.
There is a TON of Easter and Spring Break fun happening at Wild Dunes! Join in on the fun!
Easter Egg Dash
Previously known as the Annual Easter Egg Hunt, the Easter Egg Dash is a fast paced race to collect your eggs! Children 10 years and younger are invited to bring their baskets to the North Lawn in Wild Dunes where over 1000 candy and toy filled eggs will be scattered.
Spring Break EGGstravaganza
March 25th 2016 5:00pm- 8:30 pm
Join us at The Village Plaza as we kick off Spring Break! Relax by the fire pit and enjoy activities and complimentary games all evening long. Bingo will begin at 6:30 pm ($5) and a showing of It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown begins at sunset.
Easter Sunday Brunch at Wild Dunes Sweetgrass Pavillion
Reservations required: 866.235.2948